These have been extraordinary days. There really isn’t a template for navigating these times of upheaval. But like everything else in life, we can have peace in our hearts that God has not forgotten us. As unprepared as we may have felt, he has given us the assurance and confidence that we can face the situation we find ourselves in with courage and calm. He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. That is even more true as we have lived through this pandemic.
As the country begins to open back up, the Church Board has made the following decisions concerning a return to gathering together for worship.
1) We are currently gathering for Worship @ 10:30 am.
We will adhere to social distancing guidelines while in the building. We will only have one entrance open on Sunday mornings, the North entrance near the sanctuary. The West entrance will be locked. We will have hand sanitizer stations at each of the main entrances to the sanctuary. Offering plates will be on a table in the entrance as well as prepackaged communion elements when we take the eucharist together. We encourage you to wear masks into the sanctuary and will have some coverings available on a table in the foyer if you need one. To help us practice social distancing, every third row will be allowed for seating and the closed rows will be marked. We ask that children and teens sit with their families. When we dismiss, we ask you to please fellowship in the parking lot and not linger in the sanctuary or foyer.
2) Beginning October 4th, 9:15 Community Groups and 10:30 am Children’s Ministry will return. We’ll post more details as we approach this re-launch of these ministries.
3) We will continue to have worship services online in what we are calling ONLINE CHURCH. While it will not be a live “event”, it will contain the same message we are preaching live on Sunday morning and have some elements of worship. Those services will post on Vimeo, You Tube, and Facebook on Sunday mornings at 9:00 am. We’ll continue to use the Bible App Events platform so anyone can follow along, see the scripture, and join us for a bible reading plan. We will record our Sunday morning service in the sanctuary and post the entire service on Monday afternoons. If you are sick or feel unsafe returning to worship, please stay home and take advantage of our online options.
4) We encourage everyone to give electronically (Online and Text), mail checks to the office, or drop off your tithe and offerings at the church during business hours. We appreciate your faithfulness as we continue to pay the church’s monthly bills and work of the Kingdom continues.
5) We encourage you to check on your neighbor. We’ve already seen a lot of unrest in people as they deal with this challenging time. But we are followers of Jesus. We need to love one another, encourage each other, take care of one another. In the darkness is when the light shines brightest. Be a bright light for Christ in these days.
Know that you are loved! May God watch over and keep us all as we live for Him in this fractured world. May His peace and grace settle over your life today!